- How long has LOGO Sprachenschule existed?
- LOGO Sprachenschule was founded 23 years ago, in 1994. 5 rooms quickly became too few, so the management secured two additional rooms for the school. In 2017, we opened up more facilities in Wichertstr. 69.
Today, the school runs over 20 courses per day in the school itself, plus an ever increasing number of business courses at corporate offices.
Dr. Diban Daragmeh and Cornelia Daragmeh took over LOGO's managment on 1. January 2016, and have since tried to improve all those things which had not been quite perfect yet :-)
- Is your school accredited?
- Yes. LOGO Sprachenschule is an accredited TELC Test Centre for European Languages. More information on the widely recogized TELC examination you can find here.
The school follows the internationally recognized European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), which was developed by the Council of Europe to standardize and establish quality in language education. More information on the CEFR you can find here.
The school is accredited by the Ministry of Education for the following languages: German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian, Norwegian, Portuguese and Swedish.
- How quickly will I learn German?
- LOGO Sprachenschule offers, as far as we know, the most intensive German courses in Berlin.
With our super-intensive morning courses (4 lessons every single morning) you will - given some effort on your side - be able to achieve A1.1 in just 2 weeks.
If, on the other hand, you join our evening courses, you will be able to achieve A1.1 within 10 weeks by attending two lessons twice a week.
- Is there homework to do?
- Yes! You get homework to repeat the concepts learned in class. For the intensive courses, you should expect 2-4 hours of homework every day. For the evening classes it will most likely be 2-4 hours per week.
- I speak a bit of German already, how do I know what level I am?
- Drop by our office and we'll do a free placement test for you. Or do the online placement test on the website.
If you can say your name and where you come from, but not much more, you will be A1.1!
- What if I booked the wrong level?
- It's best to tell us in advance if you are unsure about your level, so we can test you and make sure you attend the correct course.
However, if you end up in a class which is too easy or too difficult for you, we will switch you to a different level. If your level is not running at the moment, you might in some cases have to wait for a couple of weeks.
- What is the highest level of German you offer?
- In our morning super-intensive courses, we offer basically all A-levels every 2 weeks, and the B levels every six weeks. The intensive courses are not offered at C-level.
In our evening courses, we offer all levels up to and including C1.1 and C1.2
- Are there any extra costs?
- Books are not included in the course fees (for German, books cost € 19 per level, you get 2 books for that price; for English it is about 28 EUR). If you pay by credit card, we charge a 1.5% credit card fee.
Apart from that, there are no extra costs. We don't have a registration fee or any other hidden fees for you to attend the course.
- Do you offer classes on special request?
- Sometimes students would like to do courses at different times or a different schedule from the ones we offer, for example in the afternoon, or twice a week in the morning.
Just get a few friends together and we will arrange something for you! Another option would be to book one-to-one tuition, because the times are completely flexible.
- Can I bring my super-quiet child?
- No, sorry ...
However, if you book private lessons, we can send a teacher to your home, and your child can sleep next to you! :-)
- What is the minimum age to attend classes?
- It depends a bit on the maturity of the young person, but in general about 16 years. Very motivated younger students who don't mind following a text book written for an older audience, would also be allowed to attend the courses.
- What happens if I miss a class?
- Just tell us, and we will update you on what was covered in class and what the homework was.
- I could not attend the course - do I get a refund?
- We have two insurance policies which cover unforeseen circumstances in life (just ask us for details).
You must take out the insurance before the course starts. If you do, you will - depending on the policy - get a replacement course or your money back.